Avalanche 6.1: Why can't I lock / add a password to my management profile on my iOS / iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch device?

Version 3

Verified Product Versions

Avalanche 6.1Avalanche 6.0

Environment:

Using Avalanche On Demand / Avalanche 6.1 on Premise

iOS devices being managed by Wavelink (iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch)

Issue / Problem:

• Why can't I add a password to the avalanche management profile on my iOS device?
    • Users can manually delete the management profile on their device, how do I keep them from doing this?
    • How do I add a password to the management profile on my iPhone / iPad devices?

Cause:

Passwords cannot be added to the avalanche management profile on iOS devices unless you (or your reseller) participate in the Apple Device Enrollment Plan (Apple DEP)

Resolution:

If you want to add a password to the management profile on your iOS device, then you will need to participate in the Apple Device Enrollment Plan (Apple DEP). The Device Enrollment Program (DEP) simplifies the initial setup of iOS devices by automatically applying policy changes from a mobile device management service like Avalanche. To begin using DEP, you must have an account enrolled in Apple's Deployment Programs. Once you are approved for Apple DEP, you can set Avalanche as an approved MDM server to begin applying policy changes to orders or individual devices.

For further information visit here: Apple DEP Information