Using TelnetCE 7.x and later for CE and Windows Mobile Devices
Issue / Question:
- How do I mimic installing the TelnetCE Configuration settings on the device via activesync without using activesync?
- How can I create a backup file on the device in case the settings are lost within TelnetCE?
Resolution / Answer:
- Use the TelnetCE Activesync configuration utility on your PC to set up your host profiles and your emulation parameters
- Save your settings and exit the utility
- Navigate to the install folder for the TelnetCE Utility (example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wavelink\TelnetCE\ITC_CK3X_WM6)
- Find the .cab file that is ‘updated’ (example Updated_TelnetCE_73237.ARM.cab)
- Place that file on your device in a coldboot persistent area.
- When the device loses its settings, you can run this file to install the settings again on your device (as it would when you use activesync)