How do I mimic installing the TelnetCE Configuration settings on the device via activesync without using activesync? / How can I create a backup file on the device in case the settings are lost within TelnetCE?

Version 1

Verified Product Versions

Wavelink Terminal Emulation 7.3Wavelink Terminal Emulation 7.2Wavelink Terminal Emulation 7.0

Environment:

Using TelnetCE 7.x and later for CE and Windows Mobile Devices         

Issue / Question:

• How do I mimic installing the TelnetCE Configuration settings on the device via activesync without using activesync?
    • How can I create a backup file on the device in case the settings are lost within TelnetCE?

Resolution / Answer:

1. Use the TelnetCE Activesync configuration utility on your PC to set up your host profiles and your emulation parameters
    2. Save your settings and exit the utility
    3. Navigate to the install folder for the TelnetCE Utility (example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wavelink\TelnetCE\ITC_CK3X_WM6)
    4. Find the .cab file that is ‘updated’ (example Updated_TelnetCE_73237.ARM.cab)
    5. Place that file on your device in a coldboot persistent area.
    6. When the device loses its settings, you can run this file to install the settings again on your device (as it would when you use activesync)