From Service Desk 2016 you will now find that there are a new behaviours that you can add on a main Object in Object Designer.
This is very useful when creating new Modules and you want to be able to select Configuration Items on the window when creating a record for the new Object.
You will find this new behaviour in the "Behaviors" option in Object Designer on the relevant Object.
How to add this behavior:
1. Log into Console as SA or as an Admin User and go to Object Designer
2. Highlight the Object you wish to add the behavior to
3. In the properties, select "Behaviors"
4. In the "Available Items" select "ConfigurationItemType Relationship"
5. Click OK and save Object Designer.
The Attributes added are the following:
Configuration Item Type
Configuration Item Type Reference
Things to keep in mind:
- This behavior will only be available on the Main Object for each Module.
- This behavior will only be available on Modules that hasn't already got them added, (for example, default OOTB Modules will already have this added)
- This behavior can only be added once
- If this behavior is added on a Module and in any way used, you are no longer able to remove the behavior from the Object.