- You have created a new software distribution task in the Ivanti EPM console.
- The software package is hosted in a web share on your core server and contains one or several files with no extension.
- Your distribution policy allows the target computers to only download the install file(s) through the HTTP protocol.
When run on the client computers, the distribution task fails with error code:
processing of package is complete, result -1918107543 (0x8dac0069 - code 105)
Additionally the SDClient_taskID.log file shows the following entries:
Fri, 15 Jan 2016 09:15:52 DownloadFileFromPeer: DOWNLOAD_ERROR_GENERAL_FAILURE
Fri, 15 Jan 2016 09:18:28 Download failed file not found at source(1): http://core-server/depository/file_name1
Fri, 15 Jan 2016 09:18:28 Download Error: err=11, path=http://core-server/depository/file_name1
Fri, 15 Jan 2016 09:18:29 DownloadFileFromPeer: DOWNLOAD_ERROR_GENERAL_FAILURE
Fri, 15 Jan 2016 09:18:29 Download failed file not found at source(1): http://core-server/depository/file_name2
Fri, 15 Jan 2016 09:18:29 Download Error: err=11, path=http://core-server/depository/file_name2
The software distribution task fails because the target computers can't find these files on the core server even if proper permissions and path have been configured.
Actually, this issue occurs because, by default, IIS server doesn't know how to handle files with no extension.
As a result, when a client computer queries the core server to download these files, IIS replies with a "404 - NOT FOUND"
The same error is displayed if you open a web browser on one of the target computers and try to manually download these files.
Before running the task, you need to configure IIS so that it knows how to serve files with no extension.
- Log into your core server and go to the IIS server view
- Select "Default Web Site" and then click "MIME types".
- In the MIME types screen, click "Add"
- Type "." as file name extension and "application/octet-stream" in the MIME type field. Select OK to save.
- Restart IIS
Now the distribution task should be successful with target computers being able to download files with no extension.