Description: This document provides instructions to display an Xtraction dashboard reporting window in a new tab added to the CA Service Desk web interface (r12 or later)
Solution: Create a new Web Form to display an Xtraction session, create a new Tab to host the form, and add the tab to any existing Roles – all using the Role Management menu in the Administration tab of the CA Service Desk web interface
Notes: These instructions show the changes being applied to the Administrator role, though you can easily replace "Administrator" with the appropriate role name below if you are applying this customization to another role. The launch URL is site specific and must be customized to refer to the Xtraction application on the Xtraction server, as per the IIS Web Site settings.
- Access the Administration tab of the CA Service Desk interface.
- Go to Security and Role Management > Role Management > Web Forms in the Administration tab and click the Create New button to open a Web Form detail form.
- Create a new Web Form with the following parameters:
Web Form Name = xtraction
Code = xtraction
Type = Other
Resource = http://<xtraction-server>/Xtraction.
Note: The '<xtraction-server>' can be specified as either an IP address or server name.
- Go to Security and Role Management > Role Management > Tabs in the Administration tab and click the Create New button to open a Tab detail form.
- Create a new Tab with the following parameters:
Tab name = Xtraction tab
Code = xtraction
Display Name = Xtraction
Starting Page = xtraction.
- Go to Security and Role Management > Role Management > Role List in the Administration tab and click on a Role requiring the Xtraction tab to open a Role detail form.
- Open the Role details form for a Role requiring the Xtraction tab.
- Click the Update Tabs button on the Tabs tab to modify the tabs assigned to the Role.
- Enter search criteria and click the Search button to locate the Xtraction tab.
- Select the Xtraction tab in the left list and click the >> button to add the new Xtraction tab to the right list, then click the OK button.
- The new Xtraction tab should now be listed on the Tabs tab of the Role details form; however, users will need to login again or change roles before getting access to the new tab.
Attached is the original Tech Note PDF with screenshots of each of the above steps.