The Asset Manager Workspace is a new feature that releases with LDMS 2016. When setting this up for the first time you may notice that several reports are missing data and display a message stating "No data available". These messages usually will also leave a tip stating what data is required in order for this report to run.
When this issue shows up there are two main things to keep in mind when troubleshooting:
- SLM is still the main backbone for this tool
- The Asset Manager Workspace will only show you products that have been marked as monitored.
- Some reports may require SLM to calculate before they can show you data. Make sure that SLM has calculated recently without errors.
- The second necessary piece of data is always suggested by the tip left by the report.
- Some of these reports depend on certain data to be filled out in licenses or even inventory. For example, there are warranty reports that require that you use Data Analytics to import warranty data prior to the report showing anything.
Once all of that information is filled out then you will start to see more and more reports start reporting back information.