License Check Failed.
While trying to open the Data Model Editor the error the "License Check Failed" is returned.
The license file may be blocked by Windows UAC, the Data Model Editor may need to be ran as Admin, or the system name may be different than what was provided to the license team.
Solution / Workaround:
1. Ensure the License file is properly installed by the Xtraction Installer
a. Extract or copy the license file to a folder you currently have non-restrictive right to such as the Documents folder.
b. Run the Xtraction installer as Admin by right clicking the XtractionInstaller.exe and selecting run as Admin. The installer can be found in C:\Program Files(x86)\Xtraction Software\Xtraction\Tools
c. Select Upgrade an existing installation and press next
d. Press the browse to file button (looks like three dots) and browse to the licence file. When the file is shown in the installer window press Install then Finish.
2. When the license file was generated a system name is provided for the license to validate with. Please ensure the system name is exactly the same as the name provided to the license team.
3. Run the Data Model Editor as Admin to ensure Windows UAC is not blocking the editor from reading the license file.
4. Windows may be blocking the license file. To unblock the license file right click on the license file, select Properties, Click Unblock, and click OK. The file can be found in C:\Program Files(x86)\Xtraction Software\Xtraction\Tools
5. Ensure the rights to all folders and file in the Xtraction folder are correct by replacing the child object permissions with the inherent permissions. Caution: If you are unsure about this step please consult a qualified Server Admin.