LANDESK Security and Patch News
· (March 7, 2016) Microsoft has released KB2921916 to address the following scenario:
You have a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
You install a driver that is signed by an SHA256, SHA384, or SHA512 certificate, and the "Untrusted publisher" dialog box appears.
You click to select the Always trust check box and then click OK.
You uninstall the driver.
You install the same driver again.
In this scenario, the "Untrusted publisher" dialog box appears even though you already set the Always trust option to always trust the publisher.
Microsoft does not provide the official download URL for 2921916, so please follow the steps below to download the patch manually.
Steps to download the patch:
1. Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2921916 and make sure your OS version is Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7.
2. Click the "View and request hotfix downloads" link to "Agreement for Microsoft Services" page;
3. Check "I Accept" button;
4. Enter your email address under "Provide us with your e-mail address, type the characters you see in the picture, and then click Request hotfix.";
5. You will receive an e-mail with the zipped patch download URLs and the passwords for unzipping the zipped patches;
6. Download the zipped patches;
7. Unzip these files with the passwords in the above email and put them into the folder that you store the patches.
Please visit the following page for more details: https://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2921916
· Vulnerability ID – 2921916_MSU_Manual
· Vulnerability ID – N/A
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDESK, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDESK Product Support
Copyright © 2016 LANDESK Software. All rights reserved. LANDESK is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDESK Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDESK disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDESK has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.LANDESK.com.