Escalation points are not updated at all when the response level is changed

Version 4

Verified Product Versions

LANDESK Service Desk 7.6LANDESK Service Desk 7.7.xLANDESK Service Desk 7.8.xLANDESK Service Desk 2016.xLANDESK Asset Central 2016.x

Environment:

Service Desk all versions

Requires Access To:

Service Desk console

Problem:

When performing an action on a process, the escalations points are not updated at all when the response level is changed.

Example 1: I am using SLAs with my incidents. I have an incident with the Priority 1 response level. The escalation points linked to this response level are in status "Open". When I change the response level to Priority 2, the current Priority 1 escalation points are not cancelled and the new escalation points for Priority 2 are not created.

The record is currently in an activation status, meaning a status where the new Escalation Point is meant to start

Example 2: I am using OLAs with my request assignments. I have a request that has been assigned to a third party group with a 24h response level. The escalation points linked to this response level are in "Open" status. When the request comes back and is reassigned to an internal group, a new assignment is created with a different response level, but the escalation points linked to the 24h response level are still in "Open" status.

Cause:

Check to see if there is a default query with restrictive criteria on the relevant escalation point object (Incident Management > Escalation Point, Request Management > Escalation Point, etc).

Solution:

Make sure that if you use a default query on the escalation point object, this query does not have any criteria that would restrict the results. This default query is used by the system to identify the escalation points to update when a response level is changed. If the query has restrictive criteria and doesn't return all the relevant escalation points records then they will not be updated correctly.

The default query can be updated/removed from the Object Designer on the relevant Escalation Point object:

The default queries for escalation points provided in the out-of-the-box database do not contain any restrictive criteria: