Install fails during LANDESK 2016 installer.
Install fails during LDMS 9.6 SP2.
LANDESK 2016 install fails to BridgeIT. In the installer window, there's a yellow exclamation mark next to the step "Configuring IIS". Install log shows:
Log entries show:
2016-03-07 13:37:19 ERROR: Execution of UpgradeBridgeITInstance completed. Return code: 1, State: Failure (SetupController.ExecuteNextCommand())
2016-03-07 13:39:49 INFO: Executing command UpgradeBridgeITInstance (SetupController.ExecuteNextCommand())
2016-03-07 13:39:49 INFO: Executing: C:\LANDESKSoftware2016\Resources\LANDesk.Common.RunMethod.exe assemblyFile="LANDesk.Install.Common.Actions.dll" class="BridgeIT" Method="UpgradeInstances" commandLine="UpgradeCommand" (Launcher.ExecuteXmlCommand())
2016-03-07 13:39:49 ERROR: Execution of UpgradeBridgeITInstance completed. Return code: 1, State: Failure (SetupController.ExecuteNextCommand())
Symptoms may also include:
- Workspaces patches for LDMS 9.6 fails to install with error: Incorrect function.
Bridgeit.inf: (0x00000001) Install Only Files\LANDesk.Common.RunMethod.exe assemblyFile%SPEQUAL_SIGN%"LANDesk.Install.Common.Actions.dll" Class%SPEQUAL_SIGN%"BridgeIT" Method%SPEQUAL_SIGN%"UpgradeInstances" commandLine%SPEQUAL_SIGN%"UpgradeCommand",60000
Bridgeit.inf: (0x00000001) Install Only Files\LANDesk.Install.ConfigUtility.exe "addstsandencryptionthumbprinttowebconfig" "LANDESK Secure Token Server" "*.BridgeIT",60000
- In IIS - expand Default Web Site - My.BridgeIT is missing from here. My.Fuse is listed instead.
Found SP2 installer hadn't worked correctly, left virtual app named My.Fuse instead of My.BridgeIT. Removed Fuse and created Bridgeit, linked to the Bridgeit folder in LANDESK.
Create the My.BridgeIT web application.
- In IIS - expand Default Web Site. Delete the My.Fuse application.
- Right-click the Default Web Site, select Add Application from the menu.
- In the Add Application window, enter "My.BridgeIT" (without the quotes) for the Alias.
- In the Physical path, click the "..." button and navigate to your BridgeIT folder. The default location is \Program Files\LANDesk\BridgeIT
- Click OK
- In IIS - Application Pools - delete the "My AppPool1"
- In a web browser on the core, navigate to localhost/configurationcenter
- The default login is username: sa / password: administrator
- Create Standard Instance.
- The name of the instance needs to be "My" (without the quotes)
- Web Site: Default Web
- Site Description: (blank)
- Usage Statistics Enabled: checked
- Database Provider: SQL Server
- Specify as connection string?: unchecked
- Server: (database server name)
- User Name: (LANDESK database user)
- Password: (LANDESK database user password)
- Database: (LANDESK database name)
- Integrated Security: unchecked.
- After Test Connection is success, click OK
- Under the Configured Applications - click Edit
- Leave Name and Application Pool as defaults.
- Name: My.BridgeIT Application Pool: My AppPool1
- Logon policy: Token only
- LDSD Web Api Url: (blank)
- LDMS Web Api Url: https://(core name)/ldapi/api
- STS Issue Token Url: https://(core name)/STS/issueToken
- User Name: LDMS console admin credentials, entered in domain\username format
- Password: password for user listed above.
- Enable LDMS Agent integration: True
- Require SSL (HTTPS): True
- Click OK
- Continue Installer
- After Installer completes, change Authentication in IIS - LDMS 2016 Configuration Center Log In