What is the difference between TelnetCE (or WIB) 7.3 Standard and 7.3 International?

Version 2

Verified Product Versions

Wavelink Terminal Emulation 7.3Wavelink Terminal Emulation 7.2Wavelink Terminal Emulation 7.0

Environment:

• TelnetCE 7.x
    • Wavelink Industrial Browser (WIB) 7.x
    • Registering a TE or WIB License
    • Wavelink Website on the download page for devices

Questions:

• What is the difference between TelnetCE (or WIB) 7.3 Standard and 7.3 International?
    • When I'm registering a TelnetCE license, I get the option for either 7.3 Standard or 7.3 International. Which do I pick? Does it matter?

Answer:

What is difference?

The international version is larger as it contains the icudt30.dll which is the IBM module that supports international components for unicode.

Use the international version ONLY IF:

• Your emulation server uses a double byte character language (i.e. Chinese or Japanese)

What's the difference for registering a license?

• There is no difference for registering a TelnetCE or Wavelink Industrial Browser License except for which links will be sent with the registration email. You could pick either standard or international and your license will end up the same. The links in your registration confirmation email will vary based on which option you choose. For example, if you choose International, then you may be sent links to ONLY the international version downloads. You can always find all links for download at: http://www.wavelink.com/download/main.aspx