Error: "Unable to build the core server activation file" when activating the core server.
Solution / Workaround
Delete all temporary files
- Check That you have plenty of disk space available for the drive that hosts "\Program Files\LANDesk\Authorization Files". Please use variable %LDMS_HOME% to determine the location of where LDMS or EPM is installed.
- Navigate to "\Program Files\LANDesk\Authorization Files" and delete all the files in this location.
- Navigate to "%temp%" and delete all the files in this location.
- Navigate to "C:\Windows\Temp" and delete all the files in this location.
Make sure correct certificate is being used.
- Check this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\Setup - Certname
- Verify if the "Certname" from above matches the certificate name in "\Program Files\LANDesk\Shared Files\Keys". If not, adjust the registry to show the proper name. NOTE: The certificate name will not have the file extension in the registry
- Check that "protect.ini" is referencing the correct <hashname>.0 file and that .0 file has the correct core server name.
- There are 2 files that you would replace; ldpgp.exe and ldpgp.sig. These files are used to encrypt the license files and can sometimes become corrupt.
- Replace these two files with the ones from the installer. Here is the location from the 9.6 flat installer: "\LANDeskSoftware960\LANDESK\LDMS\Program Files 64\LD\MS\_non"
- ldpgp.exe - \Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\Shared Files, \Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite
- ldpgp.sig - \Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite
More Helpful links: