LANDESK Service Desk version 2016.1 was released on April the 12th.
This is a full release with various problem fixes and enhancements.
How to obtain LANDESK Service Desk 2016.1:
Download links for Service Desk 2016.1 are available to customers with a current maintenance agreement:
For customers not yet using Service Desk 2016 or above please contact your account/sales/partner contact to obtain the new license file required.
Support will not be able to provide you with the software or license but can assist in finding who to contact if you are unsure.
New Features and other Documentation:
For all help information, please see our Help Portal
To download a full set of .pdf files of our Documents in any supported language and version, see our Product Documentation Site
Design Apps in the spot light:
Service Portfolio Design App. Design, build, create, and publish services as part of a process. The app is freely available from the Design App Store.
Considerations before upgrading:
- You will need to make configuration changes to your Event Manager and RSS Generator Services in order to comply with the new Framework configurations:
Event Manager & RSS Generator now runs under main Framework - Service Desk 2016.1
- For customers not yet using Service Desk 7.6 version or above, please see the corresponding section in LANDesk Service Desk 7.6 Release Information and Useful Links for information regarding changes to supported platforms.
- Changes to how Services work in Service Desk - Services now take up less memory to run - Service Desk 2016.1
- What is Related Actions and how can I create and use them?
- Adding attachments via email now allows for attachments bigger than 3 MB - Service Desk 2016.1
- Application Interface Language - Date Format in Web Access and Workspaces