Analyst dashboard designer is to improve the Analyst experience in Workspaces.
When designing a dashboard you have a list of available gadgets.
- Pie, doughnut, column, or bar charts
- Data grids to display query results lists (including grouped queries and queries using report templates)
- Content gadgets to display rich text including hyperlinks
- Links Gadgets
- Queries, Process, URL, Dashboard
As you might be viewing Workspaces from a number of different devices we have tried to make the layout dynamic. It is very important to think your design through first and take into consideration the devices you will be using the most.
For this reason, there has been a preview added to give you some indication of how it will look on a Desktop, Tablet, and phone.
By highlighting one of these modes you will see a border will appear.
Publishing your Dashboard
You can Publish and Edit the Workspaces Dashboard by going to the dashboard designer and clicking on the icons on the right.
Please be aware that if you publish a Dashboard then anyone with the Analyst role will be able to see the data that you have set up. If you would like to filter out the certain data then you can use data partitioning.
Workspaces dashboards can only be seen in Workspaces.
For more information how to use and design your dashboard please check the online guide.
Things of Note.
- Web Access dashboards remain in the Self Service section of the Workspaces navigation bar.
- If a migrated dashboard includes an unsupported gadget, then that gadget does not appear in Workspaces, and the dashboard design rearranges to take up the empty space.
- If you create a new dashboard in Web Access Self Service, a matching Workspaces dashboard is created with the same publishing rules applied to it.
- Use of the Dashboard Designer in LANDESK Workspaces is controlled by the ConfigurationComponents\Configuration\Workspaces\Dashboard Designer privilege, which you can set using the Administration component of the Console.
***In order to design new Workspace Dashboards, the Administrator role is required to access the "Manage Dashboard" option in Workspaces Administration Menu***
- If you have configured Workspaces to work with LANDESK Management Suite, then LANDESK Management Suite administrators can also access the Workspaces Dashboard Designer.