Configuring Android Devices with the TE Client, when the device does not have an Avalanche license or is managed by another service.
You can configure your TE Client settings through the Wavelink Configurator and download the configurations as a file for mass distribution. Using this tool, you can create the configuration in the Configurator Console, export it, and then use your mobile device management service to send the configuration file directly to the device.
Go to the following link: (Best results have been with Google Chrome)
1. Select Register and then complete the required steps to establish your own account.Once created, go ahead and log in.
2. You will see a page similar to the following:
3. Select the “+” symbol under Available Payloads. This will allow you to create a new Payload.
4. Select iOS and Android and then select which Payload you want to create. Host Profiles are separate from Emulation Parameter Payloads. You will need to create at least one of each, as these will be bundled to create a package that gets sent down to the device.
5.Create your Host Profile
6. When finished, select Save at the bottom of the window.
Do the same for the Emulation Parameters. Select TE Client Settings and make your changes. Be sure to give this Payload a name as well. Since you will probably have multiple Payloads for different versions of the clients as well as different devices, I’d recommend including the device Model and version in the Payload name. (Ex: MC40 v1.3.21 Emul Parms)
Once the payloads have been created for both the Host Profile and Emulation Parameters, you will then want to create a Profile that you will then pull in the Payloads that you want included in that Profile.
7. To create a Profile, select the following:
8. New Profile window will appear.
9. Select Application Configuration
10. Provide a name for the Profile and then select the TE Client Settings (Emulation Parameters) and TE Host Profile Configurations that you want to add to the Profile. Select Save when finished.
11. Place a check in the box to the left of the new Profile.
12. The Selected Profiles can be set up with specific Selection Criteria.
13. If you don’t want to apply any specific criteria, then just select Apply.
You will now see the new Profile in the Applied Profiles section:
14. Select “Needs Deployment” to deploy the Profile.
You can Deploy it immediately, or delay the Deployment:
15. Select Finish when you are done.
To see if your Profile had been Deployed, you can right click in the screen and select Reload.
Once the package has been Deployed, you will see the new status:
Soon after, you will get a message on the screen indicating the following:
16. Next, you will want to print out or scan the barcode (from the display if you have an Imager).
17. Select the Default folder, and then select the eye Icon. This is the “View” icon.
18. Select the “Print QR Code” to display the barcode on the screen:
19. Make sure your device can access the Internet, and start up the Wavelink Client.
Select the option to bring up the menu selection.
Select the option for More.
Select Server Configuration
Select Scan Server Address
If you are not connected to the Internet or cannot access the Wavelink Server, you will get a message that says “Pull Configuration Failed”.
Otherwise, your configuration will be pulled and you will be able to select from the options you configured.