LANDESK Security and Patch News
· (April 15, 2016) LANDESK has released MS16-039v2_INTL which is an update for MS16-039. This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft .NET Framework, Microsoft Office, Skype for Business, and Microsoft Lync. The most severe of the vulnerabilities could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted document or visits a webpage that contains specially crafted embedded fonts.
v2.0: Adds one detection rule, LMSetup.KB3148522.exe for Microsoft Live Meeting 2007 Console.
Microsoft announced this patch updated on April 12, 2016, but we verified that hash did not change until 15 APR.
Fixes the following issues:
TFS 306173 - MS16-039_INTL detection logic for lync2010-kb3144427-x86.cab is installing on x64 platform.
TFS 306175 - MS16-039_INTL - Lync2015 detection rules only have Office2007 listed as affected products.
Please visit the following page for more details: https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/MS16-039
· Vulnerability ID – MS16-039v2_INTL
· Vulnerability ID – MS15-123_INTL
· Vulnerability ID – MS15-128_INTL
· Vulnerability ID – MS16-039_INTL
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At LANDESK, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
LANDESK Product Support
Copyright © 2016 LANDESK Software. All rights reserved. LANDESK is either a registered trademark or trademark of LANDESK Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. LANDESK disclaims any liability with respect to this document and LANDESK has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.LANDESK.com.