On LDMS 9.5 it's possible to run into a 401 error when saving reports like the one below:
"Could not save the report. Error: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized..Check rights for the remote/report/files directory. Also, you may need to run SCHEDREP.EXE /I to rewrite login information"
To fix this you'll want try any or all of the following options.
- Run SCHEDREP.EXE /I from command prompt and ensure that you have the correct username and password.
- Typically this is a service account that you'd generally associate with LANDESK, just keep in mind that this account simply needs enough access to login to your web console and it should work as expected.
- Ensure that you have properly configured permissions in the wwwroot\landesk\ldms\report\files directory.
- These simply need to be inherited from the ldms directory but it's worth testing giving this folder explicit permission to your service account just in case.
- Replace your Report_Wrapper.dll with the one attached to this document.
- Once replaced, edit the web.config file located in wwwroot\landesk\ldms and add the following line after the <authentication mode="Windows"></authentication> tag: <identity impersonate="true"/>
- After that run iisreset from a command prompt or powershell.
- If none of the above items work, upgrade LDMS.