If you want to run your mobile device servers on machines separate from your enterprise server, use the device server installer.
To install a device server:
1. Double-click the device server installer to start the installation process.(If you do not have the device server installer you can obtain it from Sales or Support)
2. Browse to your preferred install destination directory and click Next to continue.
3. Click Next to create a Start Menu folder.
4. Enter an Avalanche Address in the form of a hostname or IP address to identify and connect to the enterprise server's computer.
5. Click Next to begin the installation process.
6. Click Finish to complete the installation.
After running the MDS installer on the remote box, a Dserver will be created in the Enterprise.
The following steps needs to be taken to complete the setup.
7. Create a new Region and deploy.
8. Assign the new Dserver to the newly created Region and deploy.
9. Now connect the devices to the new Dserver using the IP Address or computer name of the Dserver.