After extended testing it has been found that installing SU5 and redeploying agents to Mac OSX devices may cause Remote Control to not function on some Mac Devices. This article is to address this and provide a solution until this issue is officially resolved.
A solution has been identified that affected customers can use on their core server to resolve the issue on any broken agents, and correct it on any new agents that are going to be deployed.
- Apply to core server:
- Download the attached RemoteControl1015.pkg.zip
- Copy to core server, extract files.
- You should end up with a RemoteControl.pkg file.
- Navigate to the path below and rename the existing RemoteControl.pkg to RemoteControl.old
- Copy the downloaded RemoteControl.pkg into this folder.
- Once RemoteControl.pkg is copied to this location, we need to rebuild the Agents so that newly deployed agents will include the fix.
- At this point your core server is patched. If you have broken agents there are two options to repair them, unfortunately both require reboots or at least that the ldremote service is restarted on the client.
- Deploy the newly rebuilt agent.
- Deploy the RemoteControl1015.pkg.zip attached to this document as a Software Distribution package.