Use this feature can ensure that the core server is running on a network before specific policy applied to the managed device. The clients also can switch to a specific EPS policy if the client cannot reach the core.
- Create default policy as shown below
- Add the core server to verify core server existence on the network
- Create location policy as below,
- The agent can not reach the core server, and security policy will switch to default policy.
- Policy on the client side would match the default setting as below.
- The agent can reach the core server, and security policy will switch to the Location policy
When verifying the core server existence on the network, the client sends a core request to http://(coreservername):80/WSvulnerability.
The specifics of the soap server is this request:
So TCP 80 will be used when the client switch the policy
Configuration file on managed devices
c:\Program Files(x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\HIPS\Location_1 DCM.xml