This can occur when the user your attempting to add already exists within the LANDesk database.
- User cannot log into the console
- Users are unable to access Landesk Features
To resolve this we will need access to the database server. First we have to do a little discovery to identify what values we need to update in the users record directly.
- First we need to identify the IDN number of the LDAP source configured on the core. The best way to do this is to look at the records from other users. To do this we need to run the following query:
Select ConsoleUser_Idn,UserName,UserType,APM_LDAP_SERVER_IDN from ConsoleUser
- Be sure to take note of the results. Its helpful to grab a screenshot here:
- Next lets identify the ConsoleUser_Idn number of the user that is unable to login. In this example our effected user is LDLAB\1234_Bob
- Lets update the record:
- That change should do the trick. The "Add" button will remain greyed out but the user should now be able to login to the console