This document covers some of the more common error messages that are encountered in Configuration Center when setting up your Workspaces database. The Table of Contents contains brief descriptions of the possible error messages as long as their solutions. Also, please review How to use Configuration Center to set up a Workspaces Database and make sure you have followed each of the steps in detail.
1. "I closed Configuration Center without setting up the database, and now I can't use Workspaces?"
Problem: After core install, the Configuration Center was closed for any reason and the Workspaces database was not setup making Workspaces unusable.
Solution: Open Configuration Center and follow the steps in the How to use Configuration Center to setup a Workspaces Database document.
2. This action requires an empty database container.
Problem: When trying to configure a new Workspaces database you receive the message 'This action requires an empty database container'.
Solution: The database you are trying to use is not empty, it may be the LANDESK or ServiceDesk database.
- If you suspect this is caused by a failed configuration attempt you should create a new database container and try again.
- Do NOT use a LANDESK database for your Workspaces database. It must be a separate db container.
- If you are pointing to your ServiceDesk database for integration purposes please review the How to use Configuration Center to setup a Workspaces Database document for the correct procedure.
3. Logon failed. (During upgrade process)
Solution: We need to change the Logon Policy to Explicit Only.
- Follow the steps in the 'Upgrading an existing Workspaces database' in this doc. https://community.landesk.com/docs/DOC-42246#jive_content_id_Upgrading_an_existing_Workspaces_database
4. Cannot get back to the Configure Workspaces Database prompt
Problem: There could be various reasons that you may need to get back to the 'Configure Workspaces Database' prompt to configure a NEW database for your Workspaces instance.
Solution: Follow these steps to get back to the 'Configure Workspaces Prompt'.
- On the core server open Configuration center by going to https://localhost/configurationcenter
- Select the 'My' instance on the Current Instances page.
- In the My instance properties, click on the Edit link on the My.Framework line.
- In the Edit Properties pop-up, remove ALL database connection information in the properties.
- Enter your STS credentials, and test it.
- Click Save.
- Click on the 'Instances' link in the top left of the browser.
- You should now see the 'Configure Workspaces Database' prompt.
If you were unable to find the error message you are receiving in this document please contact LANDESK Support so that we can help you resolve the issue. If there is anything you'd like to see added, please feel free to comment below.