Before you install Wavelink Studio COM, please ensure that your network meets the following hardware and software components.
Full Installation Requirements
If you install the entire Wavelink Studio COM package, your host computer must meet the following requirements:
If you decide to do a custom installation of Wavelink Studio COM, use the following table to determine the appropriate hardware requirements for a host.
Note: The amount of RAM a host requires depends on the memory requirements of your custom applications.
1. Run the installer for StudioCom
2. Click Next at the welcome splash screen
3. Read and agree to the EULA by clicking Yes
4. Select the destination folder for the install by using Browse or leave the destination folder as default, and then select Next
5. You will have the option to do a Typical, Compact or Custom install. It is recommended to use a Typical install. Select Next.
6. Select, create a folder or create a new folder for your program icons and select Next
7. Once the install is complete select Finish
8. Open Wavelink Studio Administrator
9. Click the Utilities menu and then select Authorization
10. Select Add License
11. Enter the license platform that matches the license you ordered from Wavelink and click OK
12. Enter the information in the blank fields exactly how it reads in the license email received from Wavelink and click OK.
Note: The Validity field will read Valid if the information is correct and Invalid if the information is not.
Connecting to a Wavelink Server
After you start the Administrator, the next step is to connect to a Wavelink Server.
- Click the New Server Connection icon from the Administrator toolbar.
2. A new dialog box appears, containing a list of available computers on your network that host Wavelink Servers. You can select an existing host to connect to, add a new host or delete and existing host. You can select an existing host to connect to, add a new host or delete and existing host.
3. If you click Add you will see a pop up to define the server name or IP address. After inputting the requested information select Add Server
4. Whether you choose an existing host or add a new one you can now connect with the highlighted host by selecting Connect and a new window appears within the administrator. This window displays the current Port Monitors and mobile device connections to the server in a tree format. You can expand or collapse each branch on this tree by clicking the plus sign or minus signs that appear next to each element of the tree.
Creating a TCP/IP Port Monitor
To create a TCP/IP Port Monitor that your mobile devices can use to connect to the wireless network. First, you must assign a port to the monitor.
To assign a port to the Port Monitor:
Make sure the Wavelink Server Explorer window of your chosen Wavelink Server is active.
- Click the New Wavelink Monitor icon from the Administrator toolbar.
- Select the TCP/IP Network option from the following dialog box and click Next.
- At the next screen you will enter your port number and clickNext.
- The Create A New Wavelink Monitor - Step Three dialog box now shows. The initial Wavelink Application drop down is displayed. This is where you will select the application to be run with the previously selected port. You may also add any application arguments and start the monitor on startup. Click Next.
- On the next screen you can set your Connection Timeouts and Discovery Token & Priority Level. Click Finish when you've selected your desired settings.