At times an issue with LANDESK Antivirus may require more in-depth analysis and troubleshooting. LANDESK engineers may request an application runtime trace files for troubleshooting such cases.
These log files contain verbose information that can assist in finding the root cause of an issue.
How to Generate Trace Logs
From the home page of LANDESK AV for Mac, browse to Preferences > Reports and click Enable Trace Logs.
Quit and Restart LANDESK Antivirus for Mac.
Reproduce the issue, then browse to the reports tab and click the box again to disable trace logs.
Where to find the Generated Trace Logs
Trace logs are located in the following folders:
- Library/Logs/Kaspersky Lab/
- /Users/<user_account_name>/Library/Logs/Kaspersky Lab/
Sending Trace Logs to LANDESK Support
Unless requested otherwise, the following steps should be taken to send the trace files to LANDESK Technical Support:
- Compress the trace files into a .ZIP format with the filename LANDESKCase#_ldav_trace.zip (Where LANDESKCase# is the numerical LANDESK case number assigned to your incident)
- Upload the .ZIP file from to ftp://OEMemail@example.com/
- Inform the LANDESK Support Technician of the exact file name (please include case sensitivity if it differs from the recommendation above).