How do I regain the actions on CI after applying hotfix 6 for SD 2016.2 or installing 2016.4?

Version 10

Verified Product Versions

LANDESK Service Desk 2016.x

Environment:

LANDesk Service Desk 2016.2

LANDesk Service Desk 2016.4

This is applicable only to the users with basic Service Desk license! When you are using Asset Central license - you can ammend processes for the CIs as you see fit and therefore the actions can be created in the Process Designer.

Question:

I had issue related to the Problem #6604. I applied the Hotfix which was released to get this fixed. Is there any further configuration needed with hotfix 6/SD 2016.4 - to enable the the ability to use collection actions on CI's?

Response:

After applying hotfix there is still a couple of files to change.

1. Go to your Framework folder which by default is located at the path: C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\ServiceDesk\ServiceDesk.Framework

2. Enter tps.config file and enter the following line somewhere in the code.

<add key="EnableCustomCIActions" value="True"/>

3. Repeat the same for WebAccess config file (default path: C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\ServiceDesk\ServiceDesk.WebAccess).

4. After applying those changes please do IISRESET (or applicaiton pool recycle if you are cloud based).

5. Actions should be visible again when opening the CI.

Adjusting the configuration files is also required once 2016.4 version is installed. If this is not done - the actions will still not be available to perform!

In order to see the actions - you have to open the CI window, not just highlight it: