Wavelink Industrial Browser (WIB) certificate message appears
Wavelink Industrial Browser 7.0.x - 7.3.x
IMPORTANT TROUBLESHOOTING QUESTION:
Does the Security Alert appear when you use the native web browser (Pocket IE) on your device?
- If YES, then keep reading.
WIB is built on top of Pocket IE. If the Security Alert appears within Pocket IE, then it will appear in Wavelink Industrial Browser (WIB).
- When the user connects Pocket IE to the WEB Host (SAP) using SSH, the Security Alert appears on the first connection only.
- When the user connects WIB to the WEB Host (SAP) using SSH, the Security Alert appears on EVERY connection.
- After confirming the message, the user can work with the web based application.
- With the WIB client the message is displayed every time it connects.
- The Security Message is generated by the native Microsoft Browser (Pocket IE)
- WIB is built on top of Pocket IE. It doesn't manage certificates.
- WIB does not have settings pertaining to certificates.
- WIB receives the confirmation request because Internet Explorer is receiving the request.
- Internet Explorer receives the confirmation request because the certificate is:
1. Not present
2. Or present but not stored in a location that is correct (Manufacturer can clarify correct location).
When Internet Explorer no longer receives the confirmation request. . . WL Industrial Browser will no longer receive the request.