When trying to remote a device from the Management Console, it is returning an error message saying "Receive Failed: 0"
- The main cause of "Receive Failed: 0" is a client version vs. core version mismatch. This is very common after a recent core upgrade. It may not be affecting all devices.
- The device initiating the remote control session has an older version of isscntr.exe than that of the device it's trying to remote. The issuser.exe is the executable that initiates remote control on a client.
- Identify the version of the core
- While logged into the Management Console > Help > About
- Identify the version of the LANDesk agent of the clientside devices
- Identify the remote control viewer (isscntr.exe) version on the Remote Console and Core
- On the Remote Console > C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\ServerManager\RCViewer > Right click "isscntr.exe" > Properties > Details > Product version
- On the LANDesk Core > C:\Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\isscntr.exe > Right click "isscntr.exe" > Properties > Details > Product version
- Once it has been determined that the agent and core versions are mismatched, you will need to rebuild the agent configuration and push it out to the client devices.
- If the agent and core versions are the same, and its still not working, isscntr.exe will need to be updated on the Remote Consoles.
- This is done by copying the ENURCSetup.exe file from the core and running it on the client device.