What does the Events Dispatcher do?
- Uploads events to the database
- Watches C:\Program Files\AppSense\Management Center\Server\Web Site\Deployment\Events for uploaded events via BITS from endpoints
- Monitors the below directories, keeping them in sync with the database.
- C:\Program Files\AppSense\Management Center\Server\Web Site\Deployment\Packages
- C:\Program Files\AppSense\Management Center\Server\Web Site\Downloads
- Adding new packages when added via the console or SCU. Re-adding them if deleted by mistake
Management Center version 10.0 or later
- Browse to the Server Configuration Portal at http(s)://localhost:7750
- Click on Management > Management Servers > servername > DEFAULT
- Enable the Logging Enabled radio button
- Logs are located in C:\ProgramData\AppSense\Management_DEFAULT\EventsDispatcher.log
Logs roll over when they reach 1MB in size, 10 copies are stored. Therefore you can leave logging enabled
Management Center version 8.7 or earlier
- Open the Management Server Configuration Utility.
- Under Services tick 'Generate Diagnostics Log' for the AppSense Events Dispatcher
- Restart the AppSense Events Dispatcher Service
- This generates: C:\Program Files\AppSense\Management Center\Server\Bin\EventsDispatcher.log
- Recreate the issue or allow the issue to reoccur
- Stop the AppSense Events Dispatcher
- Uncheck the 'Enable Diagnostic logging' box
- Restart the AppSense Events Dispatcher service