In some circumstances, it may be desirable to lock down certain elements within Google Chrome's application menu using Environment Manager.
Locking down sub-menu items in an embedded menu such as the Chrome main menu can be difficult using the Environment Manager Console's MSAA control selection tool. The following steps have been devised to document this process for Chrome.
- Open Chrome
- Open EM Console and create a new lockdown action
- Select the Spy Tool by left clicking and dragging the crosshairs icon in the console
- Alt-Tab over to Chrome, keeping the mouse button held down
- Press Alt-E to open the Chrome Menu while still holding the spy tool
- Release spy tool on required area.