At times AppSense Support may require a Full Memory Dump from an affected system to identify the cause of a BSOD, freezes, crashes or hangs.
There are different methods for creating such dump files, following the steps below will ensure that a full memory dump is generated when a BSOD stop error condition is met.
A full memory dump is required by AppSense Support for debugging & analysis. The below steps will allow you to setup a complete memory dump.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click on System (alternate method: right-click on My Computer)
- Select Advanced System Settings
- Select the Advanced tab
- Under "Startup and Recovery" click the Settingsbutton
- Under "Write debugging information" select "Complete memory dump" from the drop down list box.
- Check the box "Overwrite any existing file"
- Click OK
Further Information can be found in the following Microsoft technotes.