WinBuilder script for bootable XP ISO with LANDesk Remote Control

Version 6

After a bit of reading, a few phone calls and several quiet nights at home, I have version 1 ready!  You will need to download Winbuilder to build the CD, this script will do the rest for you. You will need an XPSP2 CD, Winbuilder, MagicISO (or something to extract a few files from ldvpe1.img) and this script. I am testing this for Vista but the boot time is too slow for me to get too excited about it.  This is GREAT for remote booting vPro machines and doing an IDE redirect to an ISO.  You can add as many tools and goodies as you like or keep it as slim as you like.  This is a quick 'alpha' release so there may be bugs.  I recommend building a few ISO files first with the goodies you want, BEFORE selecting the LANDesk script.  Once you get the routine down, add the LANDesk script and let it fly. The .script file should be placed in the Miscellaneous folder under the LiveXP Projects folder.

EDIT:  Just uploaded 002 which includes imaging, still very untested.  (Can only do so much from my living room and a virtual PC).  If anyone tries it and finds bugs or has suggestions, let me know.

I also improved the timing between waiting for the network adapter to be installed in PE and the time that remote starts to ping the core server.

Thanks!

Rich

EDIT: 1/12/2009 Added the final (for a while) version. "3".  This works in both LiveXP and VistaPE.  I also gave up on including the entire contents of the ldvpe1.img (or peboot.img) file.  Instead, it was easier to throw together a Ghost script to add your Ghost files to the build.

WinBuilder with LiveXP Project:

http://winbuilder.net/download.php?view.35

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

Rich,

Good stuff. Might be better if you tuck this away in the tips and tricks section so it does not ger lost.

Thanks.  I didn't want to be frowned upon for multiple posting.  I'm working on version 1.0.0.1 right now which will include all files from LDVPE1 and allow for the PxeMenu to be fired off so imaging can be accomplished.  Well, at least I think I am.  I got the GUI done.  No code yet, I will work backwards from there!

This article was generated from the following thread: WinBuilder script for bootable XP ISO with LANDesk Remote Control