You need to migrate the AppSense Management Server database from SQL Server to another instance or SQL Server.
Before carrying out this procedure please note the following:
- If you are using replication this must be removed prior to the migration. Please refer to “AppSense Best Practice - Configuring SQL Replication for AMC” for further information on removing replication.
- Ensure the SQL Server version you are migrating to is supported. See Management Center Maintained Platforms Matrix for information on supported versions.
- You will require the usernames and passwords your service and configuration accounts.
- Ensure you have a full, valid backup of the database before carrying out the migration.
To move the database:
- On your Management Server open the AppSense Management Server Configuration Utility. In the navigation pane select Database and click Disconnect. Repeat this process on all Management Servers connected to the database.
- Follow the relevant steps described in the Microsoft article “How to move databases between computers that are running SQL Server” at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314546.
- Once the database has been migrated to the new SQL server/instance, the “AppSense Management Server Configuration Utility” must be run to configure the new database.
On versions earlier than 8.5
Click the Database node, then the Actions button. From the menu, click Create or Change Database.
On versions 8.5 and later
Click the Database node, then the Create/Change button.
This will launch the database configuration wizard. Step through the wizard and enter the necessary information when prompted. At the end of the wizard you will be prompted to confirm that the new settings should be applied. Once the changes have been made, click the Connect button to connect to the new database.
Once database has been changed check for variances. If variances have been detected you can attempt to repair them by clicking on the Variances button and then clicking on Repair All.