Unpredictable behaviour can be seen when using endpoints deployed from a gold image/build
- Endpoints may not register successfully to the Management Server
- Endpoints may appear visible in a deployment group but then disappear when another endpoint from the same image is started
Specific registry settings need to be cleared on the gold image/build relating to the CCA.
It is not recommended to install the other AppSense agents to the image prior to sealing it with SysPrep as this can cause issues with components of the agents.
The recommended procedure for preparing the CCA prior to resealing is to use the CcaCmd executable which is included as a part of the install in version 8.6 and later.
More information on the CcaCmd.exe utility can be found in the Management Center Product Guide.
The procedure for re-setting the Group and Machine IDs on your gold build for version 8.5 and below of the CCA is to perform the following:
- On the Gold build, stop the Client Communications Agent service.
- Open the registry using regedit.exe.
- Browse to the following registry key:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AppSense Technologies\Communications Agent
- group id; and
- machine id