Velocity - ScanReplace for non-printable characters

Version 1

Replace any text or ASCII character in a barcode with another piece of text or ASCII character value. You can also replace a piece of text with empty text.

Note: All instances of the given string will be replaced.

Hexvalues:

ScanHandler: removing a GS, FS, RS from a barcode

the Script:

//Let's create a function to process the scan

function onScan(event)

{

Logger.debug("Scan - Replace - Script Beginning: Event = " + JSON.stringify(event) + " | Arguments = " + minLength + ", " + maxLength + ", " + allowedType + ", " + textToReplace + ", " + replacementText );

//Make sure we meet the min and max length requirement. We do allow maxLength to be 0 which means no max length

if( event.data.length < minLength || (maxLength != 0 && event.data.length > maxLength) )

return;

//Sometimes the scanner sends through a symbology with an "_" or spaces on the end. Lets make sure we fix this.

var type = event.type.replace("_", "").trim();

//Verify the symbology if it is not "ALL" and does not match then we need to return

if( allowedType !== "ALL" && allowedType !== type )

return;

// check if textToReplace is an ASCII code and not and ASCII character, this is signalled by an # at the beginning

if( textToReplace.charAt(0) == '#')

{

// strip the # character and use the value after that as the ASCII character to replace

var ASCIIcode = textToReplace.split("#").pop();

for( var i = 0; i < event.data.length; i++ )

{

if( event.data.charCodeAt(i) == parseInt(ASCIIcode) )

{

// Check if the repleacement text is entered as an ASCII value or as and ASCII character

if( replacementText.charAt(0) == '#')

{

var charCode = parseInt(replacementText.split("#").pop());

event.data = event.data.substr(0, i) + String.fromCharCode(charCode) + event.data.substr(i + 1);

}

else

{

event.data = event.data.substr(0, i) + replacementText + event.data.substr(i + 1);

}

}

}

}

// Not an ASCII code, do normal replacement

else

{

//Create a regular expression by escaping the string

var regex = new RegExp( textToReplace.replace(  /[\-\[\]\/\{\}\(\)\*\+\?\.\\\^\$\|]/g, "\\$&" ), "g" );

//This is where we modify the scan data

event.data = event.data.replace( regex, replacementText );

}

Logger.debug("Scan - Replace - Script Ending: Event = " + JSON.stringify(event)  );

}

//Register the onScan function to be called when a scan occurs. Without this it will never run.

WLEvent.on("Scan", onScan);