When installing the Core or Remote Console on a device with .NET 4.7 installed, the Data Analytics install fails.
A defect has been opened for this issue internally. However, as a workaround, customer can use the powershell shell script attached to this document to modify the registry keys the DA Installer checks, so the install can proceed.
This script has a few parameters:
Install - Backs up the .NET registry keys to the directory the script is launched from, then changes the Version values to 4.6.01586
Restore - Checks for regkey backups and restores them
Ivanti is not responsible for any damages caused by this script, direct or otherwise. This is NOT an official Ivanti script, and is not supported. This script is provided as-is, with no guarantee or warranty of any kind.
The script may fail to run, saying the execution of scripts is restricted. Running either of the following commands can address this.
Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope CurrentUser -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted (if the above command fails)
- Save the attached .zip file and extract the contents to a directory of your choice
- Launch an elevated powershell prompt
- Change directory to directory of ChangeNetVersion.ps1 (ex. "cd "C:\Scripts\ChangeNetVersionRelease")
- Run the following command: ./ChangeNetVersion.ps1 + parameter
Ex: ./ChangeNetVersion.ps1 Install
Updated versions of this script may be attached as issues are reported, if necessary
If this script does not work, perform the manual workaround below:
- Backup the following registry keys:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client\1033
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full\1033
2. Right click each key and select Permissions > Advanced then change the owner to yourself. THIS IS REQUIRED.
3. Right click each key and select Permissions, and give yourself full control.
4. Change the "Version" string to 4.6.01586 once the keys are backed up.
5. Continue with the install.
After the Remote Console is installed, double click on your backed up .reg files to restore the old values.you
******* If you still get the same Error after running this script and restarting the computer. Delete C:\programdata\landesk and then try the Installer again.*********
- Script now accepts parameters rather than prompting the user, allowing for non-interactive use (deployment package, scripted use, etc)
- Output changed to write-output instead of write-host so output can be piped to a log
- Release. Nothing special.