Unable to talk to core, authentication fails.
- Ensure that the agent in question responds to an LDPing or telnet on port 9595.
- If not there is something wrong with the agent.
- Shut down both of the "LANDesk" COM+ components. Now, start them both. If you get an error message, please reboot the core server. If that doesn't help, try this: How to rebuild the LANDesk COM+ Objects
- The "Identity" should be set to a user who has read access to the domain and local admin rights on all client machines. You may also be able to get this to work if you add your configured COM+ user to the local "LANDesk Management Suite" Group and give that group access to C:\Program Files\LANDesk\Shared Files\keys. This should allow agents on 2017.1 and above to function, however, we would still recommend updating the agent as mentioned above. All other agent versions will need to be upgraded for remote control to function properly.
- If you continue to have COM+ object issues after removing and recreating them, please try making the change explained here. It does work on more than Server 2008. A COM+ application may stop working on Windows Server 2008 when the identity user logs off – Distributed Services Suppor… .
Note: If you are unable to install the telnet client in order to test connectivity, this can be done with powershell and is very easy to run when you use the batch file from the EndPoint Manager (EPM) Tool . The EPM Tool can also make it really quick and easy to recreate the COM+ objects.