Ivanti Security and Patch News
- (July 14, 2017) KB4017793 has been released by Microsoft. This article describes cumulative update package 12 (build 12.0.4511.0) for Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
- This update contains fixes that were released after the release of SQL Server 2014 SP1.
- Cumulative updates (CU) are now available at the Microsoft Download Center.
- Only the most recent CU that was released for SQL Server 2014 SP1 is available at the Download Center.
- Each new CU contains all the fixes that were included with the previous CU for the installed version/Service Pack of SQL Server.
- Microsoft recommends ongoing, proactive installation of CUs as they become available:
- SQL Server CUs are certified to the same levels as Service Packs, and should be installed at the same level of confidence.
- Historical data shows that a significant number of support cases involve an issue that has already been addressed in a released CU.
- CUs may contain added value over and above hotfixes. This includes supportability, manageability, and reliability updates.
- Just as for SQL Server service packs, we recommend that you test CUs before you deploy them to production environments.
- We recommend that you upgrade your SQL Server installation to the latest SQL Server 2014 service pack.
- Please visit the following pages for more details:
- Vulnerability ID – 4017793_INTL
- Vulnerability ID – 4010392_INTL
- (Added the replacement information.)
New Patch Downloads
Where to Send Feedback
At Ivanti, we are constantly striving to improve our products and services and hope you find these changes reflective of our ongoing commitment to listen to you—our partners and customers—in providing the best possible solutions to meet your needs now and in the future. Please continue to provide feedback by contacting our local support organization.
Ivanti Product Support
Copyright © 2017 Ivanti Software. All rights reserved. Ivanti is either a registered trademark or trademark of Ivanti Software, Ltd. or its affiliated entities in the United States and/or other countries. Other names or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Information in this document is provided for information purposes only. The information presented here is subject to change without notice. This information is not warranted to be error-free, nor subject to any other warranties or conditions, whether expressed orally or implied in law, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Ivanti disclaims any liability with respect to this document and Ivanti has no responsibility or liability for any third party products of any content contained on any site referenced herein. This document may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without our prior written permission. For the most current product information, please visit http://www.ivanti.com.