EMSS Device Control versions: 8.0+
The user is unable to print to Network printers.
The user may see encounter an error about Windows being unable to complete the print task, or no error message is displayed and the print job is not created.
This can occur following an upgrade to one of the listed versions of the EMSS Agent with Device Control module.
This issue can occur due to a conflict between the implementation of the specific Network Printer in use and a combination of two new features in the EMSS Device Control module related to Network Printer control and Printer Shadowing.
To disable this Print shadowing feature which should restore the printing ability, please perform the following:
NOTE: You will need to turn off Agent Uninstall Protection in the respective Agent Policy Sets to make the following modification
1. Open Regedit on the endpoint.
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sk\Parameters.
3. Create a new DWORD 32-bit called WormsMask.
4. Set the value you 2147479551 (dec) / 7FFFEFFF (hex) and save.
5. Reboot the endpoint.
6. Test the printing to the network printers.
If the WormsMask registry item already exists on your endpoints, please go to the Ivanti Customer Portal and raise a Technical Support incident to discuss alternative steps.