For Microsoft SQL Server - Can you use another port other than the SQL Server default port 1433 when using GoldMine?
- TCP port 1433 is the default port for SQL Server.
- TCP port 1433 is the official Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA) socket number for SQL Server.
- Client systems use by default TCP 1433 to connect to the database engine;
- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) uses the port to manage SQL Server instances across the network.
- SQL Server can be reconfigured to listen on a different port, but 1433 is by far the most common implementation
GoldMine Technical Support will not assist or troubleshoot any reconfiguration of the port the SQL Server is listening on, it must be considered that changed ports must be opened in the Firewall so that clients will still be able to access the server.