- You have users that have passwords in GoldMine Premium Edition that are over 20 characters in length.
- When users attempt to login to GoldMine Web (GMWeb) with a password over 20 characters in length, the following error happens:
- In the GoldMine Premium Edition User Interface password characters beyond 20 characters in length are simply ignored and the user has no idea the characters beyond 20 are ignored.(see related Knowledge Article # 21659 for further information as GoldMine itself does not allow an input of more than 20 characters for a password and while the user is typing further ignores any further input)
- In the GoldMine Web Login User Interface, password characters beyond 20 characters in length are accepted yielding the error of:
"The username or password you entered did not match our records"
- Logged as RM 238918
- Ensure that the user understands the password length limit is 20 characters.