Create an Automated Process with several events. When this process is executed, only the first event will be triggered, the rest are not and it appears the automated processes are stuck. Is there any setting I need to change? Requirement is a process with few events, which all have a filter, which need to match with the contact before it executes the event action. It can be that there are multiple events needs to be triggered for a contact.
- The Most likely reason is that sequential steps were used where preemptive steps would have been appropriate.
- Especially when a condition is set upon which an action should take place,
- When using sequential steps the process will 'stuck' until the condition is met
- When using preemptive steps the condition is verified and the action will be performed if the condition is met and no action will be performed when the condition is not met BUT in any case the process moves to the next step.
- The GoldMine Online help via Help > GoldMine Help > Administration Guide > Automated Processes > Automated Processes Components > Designing Automated Processes states:
Preemptive events are numbered from 0 to 99. GoldMine processes all of the preemptive events of a process first before moving on to sequential events. If the Preemptive event if statements is:
- True. Perform the action and go to the next event.
- False. Do not perform the action but still go to the next event.
After completing all preemptive events, GoldMine runs the first sequential event and processes sequential events. If the statement is:
- True. Perform the action and go to the next sequential event.
- False. Do not perform the action and do not proceed to the next sequential event. Do not perform the action and do not proceed to the next sequential event.
- This always needs to be considered when designing and implementing Automated Processes