By default when installing Universal Search the following tables are indexed by GoldMine and a Full-Text catalog is created. (see also Knowledge Article # 15717 - What tables are indexed by default with Universal Search within the GoldMine database)
The Online Help of GoldMine states in User Guide > Contact Management > Universal Search > Setting Universal Search Options states:
At the Advanced tab, select the GoldMine tables that Microsoft Full Text Search will index.
This property page (in this case the Advanced tab) is available only for users with master rights.
- Enable Indexing. Activate this checkbox to enable Microsoft Full Text Search indexing of the selected tables.
To unselect a table, click on the checkbox next to it and the checkmark will disappear. To reselect, click on the checkbox
1. in the SQL Server Management Studio
2. Browse to the GoldMine database
3. Expand Storage >> Full Text Catalog
4. Right Click on the GoldMine Full-Text Catalog >> Properties
5. Open Tables/Views
6. Verify the Table/view objects assigned to the catalog
7. Close the Full-Text catalog's Properties page via Cancel
8. Within GoldMine with master rights
9. Go To >> Search >> Universal Search
10. Check box Advanced
11. Button Options
12. Tab Advanced
13. Uncheck FORMS and INFOMINE for example
15. in the SQL Server Management Studio
16. Browse to the GoldMine database
17. Expand Storage >> Full Text Catalog
18. Right Click on the GoldMine Full-Text Catalog >> Properties
19. Open Tables/Views
20. Verify the Table/view objects assigned to the catalog
Tables FORMS and INFOMINE still appear in the list of Table/view objects assigned to the catalog
What has changed for the Universal Search after disabling the index then as I don't see any change on the Microsoft SQL Database's Full text catalog Properties after disabling an index on a certain table?
- Disabling a table to be indexed means from this time onward. The current Full-Text catalog will not be re-set again, which means the table(s) is/are still assigned to the catalog but they are not further indexed.
- This change can be seen from the Full-Text Catalog Properties >> Table/View's page with the check box Table is full-text enabled where it appears now for FORMS and INFOMINE as unchecked
- Universal Search within GoldMine will not search/find any results from the disabled tables even if there still exists indexed items within the Full-Text catalog until the index was disabled - Search result for Blank Letter (on a demo database):
When enable indexing for table FORMS is active:
After unchecking enable indexing for table FORMS:
Additional Notes: Once the index for a certain table is enabled again, populating the Full-Text catalog will index also entries added while the index was disabled for the certain table (depending on the size of the table populating the Full-Text catalog may take some time)