What are the basic acess rights needed in SQL for GoldMine to function correctly?
The minimal rights are standard DML permissions: Select, Insert, Update, and Delete. Any user running maintenance (typically only re-indexing) should have rights to drop and create indexes at the minimum.
Generally, however, having the SQL login for GoldMine users have full control over the database is not problematic as they are restricted by the interface to the actions they can take.
- For user that perform administrative tasks in GoldMine
- For Example: Merge\Purge, Database maintenance and Copy Move records and the user is runs GoldSync
- Create a SQL Username that has db_owner rights to the GoldMine database.
1. Open the Enterprise Manager.
2. Expand the Security tree.
3. Right-click Logins and select New Login.
4. Type a Login Name
5. In the Authentication area, select SQL Server Authentication
6. Type a password.
7. Click the Database Access tab.
8. In the Permit column, select the check box next to the new <GoldMine database>.
9. In the Database roles for <GoldMine database> area, select Public and db_owner.
10. Click OK.
11. Confirm your Password and click OK.
12. Close the Enterprise Manager.