You receive Event ID 5139 — IIS Protocol Adapter Availability issue in the windows event logs when trying to launch the GoldMine Connect website. You may also notice that the GMMobileAppPool in IIS is stopped.
The heavy integration of the SBS services such as Exchange, RPC, and other services to IIS causes the GMMobileAppPool to stop when the GoldMine website is viewed in any browser.
Before making any modifications to the applicationhost.config, take a backup of your current IIS configuration:
- Launch an Administrative cmd prompt.
- Change the directory path to C:\Windows\System32\Inetsrv\
- Type “Appcmd.exe add backup NameofBackup”
- Once the backup has completed open the applicationhost.config file located in C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\ with notepad
- Locate the <globalModules> section Modify the PasswordExpiryModule to have a bitness precondition so it looks as follows
<add name="PasswordExpiryModule" image="C:\Windows\system32\RpcProxy\RpcProxy.dll" preCondition=" bitness64" />
** Note that preCondition is case sensitive the "C" must be capitalized.
- SBS 2011 standard will also include entries for kerbauth and exppw listed under <globalModules>.
- These modules belong to Exchange and are also 64 bit. If you are performing this task on SBS 2011 you will have to add the preCondition for bitness64 to these two modules as well:
- Add the precondition “bitness64” at the end of the following isapiFilters
a. <filter name="Exchange OWA Cookie Authentication ISAPI Filter" path="C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\owa\auth\owaauth.dll" enabled="true" preCondition="bitness64" />
b. <filter name="Exchange ActiveSync ISAPI Filter" path="C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\sync\bin\AirFilter.dll" enabled="true" preCondition="bitness64" />
- Delete both the DynamicCompressionModule and the StaticCompressionModule from your 32-Bit website/application.
To do this perform the following steps:
a. Launch an administrative cmd prompt.
b. Change the directory path to C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\
c. Type Appcmd.exe delete module dynamiccompressionmodule /site.name:GoldMine
d. After the command has completed type Appcmd.exe delete module staticcompressionmodule /site.name:GoldMine
- Restart IIS by running the iisreset command