GoldMine API error codes
Please find below a list of the most common API error codes
- 1 -- success
- -1 -- API failed to load - this means a problem with BDE in GMCE 6.7 - or your SQL engine in GMCE 7.x \ GMPE.
- -2 -- Cannot find license file - The license file should be in the GoldMine system directory.
- -3 -- Cannot load license file - This could happen because of user rights on the machine, or an invalid SYSDIR= path in the GM.ini
- -4 -- Failed to validate user password
- -5 -- Invalid GoldDir - couldn't resolve the Alias for the GoldDir parameter.
- -6 -- Invalid CommonDir- couldn't resolve the Alias for the CommonDir parameter.
- -7 -- Failed to allocate the needed TLS slot - TLS stands for Thread Local Storage so that unique data is stored for each thread, and certain variables are shared between all GMx32 threads.
- -8 -- General failure - this is a catch all error in 6.7. In 7.x \ GMPE these have been expanded to -11 through -19
- -9 -- No access to files for this user - you have either passed an invalid user for the dataset, or no user at all.
- -10 -- No SQL credentials - you should set the SQL credentials for this user in the user's GM preferences dialog.
- -11 -- FATAL Exception captured on DB Engine Initialization
- -12 -- FATAL Exception captured on user/alias cleanup
- -13 -- FATAL Exception captured when loading license file
- -14 -- FATAL Exception captured when validating user credentials
- -15 -- FATAL Exception captured when validating Gold Alias
- -16 -- FATAL Exception captured when validating Common Alias
- -17 -- FATAL Exception captured on extract_TLS()
- -18 -- FATAL Exception captured on attempt to read user SQL credentials - this is either an intermittent data read problem (network not available) or it has no access to license.bin.
- -19 -- FATAL Exception captured when checking file access
- -20 -- Invalid data dictionary - cannot read/find datadict.xml or datadict67.xml. The file can't be found, or the file has been corrupted. Reinstall a good copy.
- -32 -- This is generally associated with loading the GMXMLAPI.DLL file