Would like to setup our Production, Staging and UAT environments on separate application servers with multiple SQL servers and have the ability to push between them, is this possible?
1. Install HEAT Premise Service Management on each application server but install the OpsConsole on the STG server and not on the Prod server.
2. Using the System Configuration Wizard on each application server create a configuration database for each environment.
Production = ConfigDB
STG = ConfigDB_STG
UAT = ConfigDB_UAT
3. Via the Opsconsole create your Landscape Group containing each individual ConfigDB's and pointing to each individual application server for the Config Service and Multi Instance URLs. Also, enable the "Allow All Backup Options".
4. Under Database Server go to each Landscape and make sure that the database information is configured with the SQL account that has sysadmin rights (for the initial creation).
NOTE: If using multiple database servers, the Backup Location needs to be a shared location accessible from each SQL server (if more than one) and the server where the OpsConsole is running. The OpsConsole application pool in IIS will need to be running under a domain account that has access to the SQL servers and the shared backup locations. This is so the OpsConsole can take the backup from SQL server1 and copy it to SQL server2 to restore.
5. In Tenants you should see all Landscapes and their ConfigDB's. Select the Expanded View and Deactivate and Delete the STG and UAT Tenants (Not the ConfigDB's).
6. Under the Production landscape click Manage Migration.
7. Push from production to both STG and UAT using the Create operation and from Live MSSQL backup Target DB Option.
8. Go to System Status and "fix" anything that is listed.
NOTE: Once the target Tenants are created you can go back to the Database Server option and change the user to your non-sysadmin user account that has the documented SQL server role and permissions. This will allow you to still push between the Tenants.