Why is the owner field on the Approval and Approval Vote Tracking tables set to email (OwnerEmail) instead of owner like all other tables?

Version 1

Details

Why is the owner field on the Approval and Approval Vote Tracking tables set to email (OwnerEmail) instead of owner like all other tables?

Resolution

This is due to how approvals are processed in terms of email automation. 

For approvals, the owner is decided by the email address. If you were to alter the picklist to be the display name, you would find that approvals would no longer work with emails replies. You would see errors to the effect that the user is not the owner of the vote and will not process the item. 

This has been changed from older versions, when upgrading from 2014.2, the following needs to be considered.  

Issue:

"Approve My Vote" and "Deny My Vote" not working in Change

Cause:

"Approve My Vote" and "Deny My Vote" not working in 2014.2 or later release.  This is due to change in Owner field's stored value to email address from LoginId.  

Resolution:

In both Quick Actions, there is a Child Object Filter.  Expression in the filter need to be changed to "$(Owner==CurrentUserEmail()) " since store value is changed to email address.  Here is a screenshot.