GoldMine needs administrative privileges in order to execute this operation when importing or exporting DBF files.
[STEPS TO REPRODUCE]
1. Start GoldMine with the current logged user
2. File >> Import and Export >> Import Contact Records (same applies when using Export Contact Records)
3. In the GoldMine Import Wizard
a. Select Import a new file or Import a new file using an existing profile
b. Select DBF File
a message appears
GoldMine needs administrative privileges in order to execute this operation. Please re-start GoldMine by right-clicking on the GoldMine menu item or on the GoldMine desktop shortcut and click on Run as administrator.
Why does Import / Export dBase files require Administrative rights and can this be changed?
- Different than for other import file possibilities like SDF or CSV imports, the dBase file import feature works upon the Microsoft Jet Database engine which requires some additional rights which are only available as a (local) Administrator on Operating systems from Windows Vista onwards, means also for the Windows 2008 R2 or higher Server Operating systems.
- there might be ways which would help to get over this during the Export process by manipulating the Windows System but
a. this did not work for the Import feature and
b. we will in no case assist or advise in anything like this, as it weakens the security on the Windows System and may make it vulnerable for other attacks.
>> You or the customer's IT may research, test and determine if they want to change something on the Windows Security settings but we absolutely do not recommend this and also will not support this.
The customer does have the following alternatives
- Right Click on the GoldMine menu or icon >> Run as Administrator