Make sure to have contact records setup within GoldMine for the users
For Example; A Contact record Called John Doe and also a GoldMine user called John Doe, with a GoldMine Userid of JOHND.
3. Create a new test opportunity via the New Opportunity Button
4. Either already in the Wizard or now opening the Team tab, Right Click New > Select the type User and JOHND as a member > Click OK to create the Team member.
5. Right Click on JOHND
6. Select "Go to Contact Record"
- You are navigated to Bea Defkow's contact record NOT the John Doe's contact record.
- GoldMine does not have any relation between the USER record JOHND and the contact record John Doe
- As soon as a Team member is of type "User" the Go To Contact Record will always navigate to the Opportunity's/Project's primary contact record and therefore the behavior is expected since JOHND was added to the team members tab as "User" and NOT as type "Other Contact".
- Only if the contact record John Doe is added as a team member would the functionality "Go to Contact Record", lead to the contact record. Note, also in this case there is no reference back then anymore to the user JOHN.