Edit/Delete Own Notes and Insert Notes are grayed out on the Access Tab of a User's Properties dialog window
The intention is to restrict users from editing/deleting own notes and maybe even from inserting notes at all, but when looking at the Notes Access section, those entries are grayed out.
[STEPS TO REPRODUCE]
1. log into GoldMine with master rights
2. Tools > Users' Settings
3. Highlight a user > Properties
4. Access Tab
5. In the Notes Access the options Insert Notes and also Edit/delete own notes are grayed out
- The available access rights for notes are intended to be understood from the highest level of Notes related rights to the lowest level of Notes related rights.
3rd level and default setting: This is the highest rights level and all 'lower' rights are automatically included and therefore they appear as checked and grayed out.
- The user has the right Edit /delete other's notes AND the right to Edit/delete own notes AND the right to Insert notes.
2nd level: By removing the right to Edit/delete others' notes the Edit/delete own notes option becomes active and will appear as checked which means all 'lower' rights are automatically included and therefore the insert notes right appear as checked and grayed out.
- The user has the right to Edit/delete own notes AND the right to Insert notes.
1st level: By removing the right to Edit/delete own notes option the Insert notes becomes active and will appear as checked
- The user has the right to Insert notes only
[STEPS TO RESOLVE]
In order to remove the rights the GoldMine administrator needs to un-check the box from the highest to the lowest level of Notes related rights